Short-Term Mission Trips
"I can’t put into words what this trip meant to me; it broke my heart and lifted me up at the same time. You must go if you can; it will change your life."
- BMDMI team member
If you want to serve the Lord by helping people in need, you need to go with us to Honduras or Nicaragua on one of our Short-Term Mission Trips. In 2010, BMDMI will send 75 teams of volunteers to meet as many physical and spiritual needs as possible.
View Team Schedules
Teams looking for Specific Help
There is available space on most teams; view trip schedule
It Takes All Kinds
In addition to doctors, dentists, nurses, and pharmacists, our teams need all kinds of volunteers! If you have a servant spirit and a willingness to work, you can fill a need on one of our teams. Each team is in Central America for one week - they stay busy and accomplish a lot.
While in their assigned village, most teams provide the following services/ministries:
- Medical and Dental clinics
- Adult Evangelism
- Children's Church
- Team Kitchen
- Construction (optional)
- Eyeglass clinic (optional)
- Veterinary clinic (optional)
- Clothing Distribution Ministry (optional)
- General Team Support
And there is always a need for volunteers... We have a place of service for you!
Ready to Join a Team?
Here's how to get started:
Still Have Questions?
- Read our brochure called One Week of Your Life to understand our team goals and what is required of our volunteers.
- As soon as possible, contact the team captain to see if there is still space on the team. If a particular team is full, go to your second choice. (Team contact links are found on the schedules page)
- Contact our Team Activities Department in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. If needed, you may call us at 601-544-5007: Jane (Honduras) or Will (Nicaragua).
- After you find a team to join, print out the Team Member Application, Covenant, and Release forms, complete the forms and send them to your team captain along with any other requested information and/or deposit. Be sure to ask the captain what you can do to help prepare for the trip like pill packing, team fundraising, etc.
- Maintain contact with your team captain and look forward to the trip!
You can get more details about the team experience such as trip costs, vaccinations, etc. by checking out the Mission Trip Questions & Answers
A Real Impact!
While numbers and statistics are not the reason we serve, they do help us know if we're on the right track. Here's a look at what our team volunteers and staff were able to accomplish in 2011:
- Number of teams: 72
- Number of volunteers: 2,590
- Number of medical patients treated: 101,831
- Number of prescriptions filled: 535,145
- Number of dental patients treated: 10,452
- Number of professions of faith: 9,115
- Number of Bibles distributed: 35,570
- Number of eyeglasses distributed: 24,935
- Number of animals treated: 14,874